Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
want to get my te's lined up in firefox (Read 3661 times)
mhock
YaBB Newbies

want to get my te's lined up in firefox
03/16/10 at 18:56:46

I tried to follow the instrutions for trffistornado to do that very thing
but just don't seem to work for me.  I wonder if it is because my
cumputer is set for dile up.  There is a big H on the top of my window.
Is that an indication traffictornado has set my exchanges up in
firefox already?  If so how can I access them so I can suarf  several
excange at the same time?

Hope this does not cumfuse you as much as I am at the moment

81mhock1928@gmail.com

IP Logged
same jhon
YaBB Newbies

Re: want to get my te's lined up in firefox
Reply #1 - 05/31/11 at 12:41:41

On a personal project of mine, I have a need to generate thumbnails of web pages. Until recently my solution was to use Firefox running in Xvfb, a virtual X server. This is not an ideal solution, as it requires you to have lots of X client libraries installed on your server. Additionally, Firefox is not intended for this purpose, so there are lots of ways for things to go wrong.

Because of this, Id been following Chris Lords work on the offscreen branch of Mozilla for some time, but never tried it out until recently. The offscreen branch provides a widget backend for Mozilla that can render web content to an offscreen buffer. Chris wrote it in support of Clutter, which is a pretty neat use case. Conveniently, he also provided a sample embedding client application called moz-headless-screenshot. This is a simple command line tool that takes a URL, image size, and output filename and generates a PNG screenshot of the webpage. This being exactly what I wanted, and having my poorly-written Firefox+Xvfb solution fall apart due to a server migration, I decided to give his solution a shot.

Thanks!!!
Thanks@@@@
top website traffic
getwebsitetraffic samejhonson samejhonson   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print